Tuesday, May 11, 2010

i just want to misbehave


I was fourteen when I fell in love with The Strokes. I saw a picture of Fabrizio Moretti and that was that. When I was fifteen I decided to move back to La Romana, DR and met my first boyfriend Charlie and by chance he was also a huge fan of them too. Luckily, Arturo, Popa, Charlie, Luispunk, and Yong decided to start a strokes cover band before they wrote their own stuff (the band has changed members and they're mostly in new york now). Anywhooo- The Strokes were an important part of my sophomore year in high school. We played them 24/7. Anyways when I got back to Oregon I had the chance to see them in Portland and Seattle and let me tell you - it was SOOO fun. Anyways the point of this lame post is to let all of you fans, whoever you may be, that the strokes are coming out with their 4th album! I will always love them for their music and the great great memories i had while listening to them. so on that note here is one of my favourite songs by them.

2 comments:

  1. Whaaaaat... No way, I was just wondering if they were ever going to come back together and put something out. So excited!!!
    http://thevelveteenmuse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. shit sorry i don't know when people comment on these posts. i need to figure out how to make that work. so far - it's only been you hahahaha. oh well. yeah dude can you believe it? go to their main website wwww.thestrokes.com and in the news section they have some footage of their time in the recording studio. SO EXCITED!!!!

    ReplyDelete